23 September 2017, Saturday
⌚ Start time: 17:00
📌 Place: Warsaw - Praga Północ dist.
We're exploring Szmulowizna, a part of Warsaw that's totally separated from the rest of the city by railroad tracks surrounding it.
Hiding its secret treasures such as beautfiul yet devastated XIX-century tenement houses, urban art and factories.
Infamous for its social problems such as high crime rate and unemployment.
Meeting point (in front of Warszawa Wschodnia Kijowska station): link
Will you dare?
We're discovering some details there too:
- the difference between poetry sprayed on walls and brutal prose of streets
- bad reputation philanthropists and noble communists
- how to turn sausages into music
- marbles in the middle of wooden slums area
- a football game that never happened although we have a proof it did...
- arriving at a local festival with true oldschool Warsaw music
Please keep in my mind that the tour is free, but if you're satisfied, then tips afterwards are appreciated. See you!
How to catch your tour guide: